Sunday 18 September 2011

Positively Positive

Hello!

   I've been reading a lot recently about positive psychology and the idea that people can practice to increase levels of happiness and well-being in their lives.  I certainly need that.  I intend to use this blog to record my efforts at raising my happiness game.  I hope you enjoy.

  A little bit of personal information so we all know what the starter's line looks like.  I am in my early 30's, single, heterosexual and white, if any of that information is important or, indeed, even relevant.  
   I consider my job to be just that, a job, something I do in the daytime that (barely) pays my bills, a time filler and a brain killer.  Problem is, I haven't yet decided what I want to do when I grow up so until then I plod.  As for relationships, I am what I think they call an avoidant, and if and when I do find myself in a situation that vaguely resembles a relationship I become an anxious.  This combination is, in short, disastrous.  
 
  What I want is to be optimistic, happy and surrounded by love. I want a job that makes me leap out of bed in the morning.  I want someone to share my life with.  I want laughter and excitement and adventure. So, can using positive psychology techniques help me to achieve this?  Let us see.  

Okay, I am feeling quite excited about this little experiment. I am off to get happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment